About The Festival:
Our Mission is to foster a community effort to celebrate and
promote reading by connecting teens and authors.
It is FREE and open to everyone, but seating preference will be given to teens at all author sessions!
Help keep TBF free to attend! Click for our donation form.
Date: Saturday, May 14, 2016
Location: Nazareth College
Books will be available, but you can also get an official TBF T-Shirt for your favorite authors' autographs!
Your to-do list for TBF:
- Meet all of your favorite or soon-to-be-favorite authors
- Author presentations run all day
- A special autographing session at the end of the day
- Hang out with your friends and other teens who like reading
- TBF merchandise on sale throughout the day
- Join us for books, prizes, pizza, and fun!
Why a Teen Book Festival?
Teens can sometimes be overlooked in libraries, with much attention, money, and resources given to children and adults. Somewhat caught in the middle of budgetary constraints, this is our opportunity to dedicate an event to teens, to encourage their reading, and to demonstrate their value to and within our communities. And…to have fun!
The goals of the Teen Book Festival are to:
- Have fun!
- Connect teen readers to award-winning authors.
- Entertain, educate, and enrich teens and other Festival participants.
- Encourage interaction between aspiring writers and established authors.
- Socially bring together teens who enjoy reading and to spread that enjoyment to others.
- Support, promote, and celebrate recreational teen reading.
- Did we mention having fun?
Future TBF Dates: Coming soon! Don't miss it!